Poison Oak Remedies

Rhus Tox  

5 star (4) 
  100%
Share your thoughts with our readers
Write a review


Posted by Sue (St. Jospeh, Mi) on 09/09/2015
5 out of 5 stars

I myself am very allergic to poison ivy and got a good case of it this summer. I used the Rhus Tox and it worked really fast for me too. It's a great remedy.


Posted by Supertigertv (San Francisco, Ca) on 09/09/2015
5 out of 5 stars

There has been a lot of negative comment reaction to a recent news story concerning German Homeopathy Conference attendees.

Please see the news story below and be careful of what you ingest when in the presence of strangers who may mean to cast a bad image on the practice of non-pharmaceutical drug medicine.

See: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/homeopathy-conference-ends-in-chaos-after-delegates-take-hallucinogenic-drug-10491114.html

I just want to set forth my most surprising experience with homeopathic medicine. It involves the use of a medicine called "Rhus Toxicana" which is basically a tiny amount of poison oak in the form of a tiny pill taken under the tongue.

The first time I had gotten Poison Oak from Golden Gate Park in 1994 was the first time in my life. I couldn't believe how horrible it was and went to the medical doctor for treatment, literally fearing that I had contracted some sort of Plague. I had a red, weepy, oozing horrible crusty huge itchy wound across the entire front of my shin. I was sent to a "specialist" doctor who charged a huge fee and prescribed expensive anti-inflammatory drugs that basically did nothing for my misery. It took about a month to completely heal.

The second time I accidentally got poison oak yet AGAIN (probably from my dog who loved to bound into bushes) I was in complete despair to recognize the tell tale symptoms taking over. I loudly complained to friends that I didn't want to waste a bunch of money yet again and be in misery for a month (again). A friend suggested I try the homeopathy treatment called "Rhus Toxicana." I had absolutely no belief in the idea that something so low cost and incomprehensible to me in method could work but I really had nothing to lose. It did not only work it worked OVER NIGHT. So quickly and so cheaply and so completely did this natural cure solve my skin problem that it continued what has become a very enthusiastic hobby in personal testing of natural cures every chance I get. THANK YOU EARTH CLINIC! I was surprised no one else had mentioned this so I am taking the time to list it but perhaps it was just a fluke that happened to only me who knows for sure? My friend did say that historically men who had to work on telephone and electric lines would actually EAT poison ivy to develop immunity to it in order to deal properly with daily exposure to the annoying plant.

EC: Thank you for your feedback!  We actually have 2 other Cures Reported for Rhus Toxicana on our Poison Oak page, one post is from 2007 and the other from 2010.


Posted by Cleoppa (Cleburne, Tx) on 09/25/2010
5 out of 5 stars

I also found the homeopathic remedy Rhus Tox to be amazing for poison oak (though honestly it may have been poison ivy... )

My cousin and I stumbled into some poison oak. We weren't sure if it even was poison oak, but I did some research and heard that rhus tox was helpful. Shortly, we started itching. We went and got some rhus tox. It was amazing. Every time we just barely started tingling that said it was starting to itch, we took another one. Hardly itched at all. This sold me on homeopathy. Before then I wasn't entirely convinced of it.


Posted by Marica P (sausalito, usa) on 11/16/2007
5 out of 5 stars

I recently started using a classical homeopath for chronic disease for my family. My husband had a severe case of poison oak allergy, he did not have touch the plant to get an outbreak, the dogs would get it on their coats, he would pat them and break out! it was a constant nightmare. He was using soaps and lotions daily for prevention. My homeopath gave him one dose of Rhus Tox homeopathic remedy. (it is poison oak made into a safe very highly diluted substance, where there is no molecular structure of the plant left after many times dilution) You can buy it at health stores or these days at whole foods. DO NOT follow the directions on the packet. Take only one small pellet, place it in 4 oz of spring or filtered water, let it dissolve. Place a small amount of grain alcohol, like ever clear or use gin, place into the bottle for preserve. Before taking the remedy, tap the bottle 10 times on the palm of your hand, this is called succussing, like shaking the mixture but tapping. Then take about a teaspoon, swish gently in your mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing. Take the remedy when you have the symptoms of poison oak. If the symptoms get better do not repeat the remedy, if they get better then relapse take another dose. If you are not new to homeopathy, try the highest dose remedy you have, otherwise try the 30C.