My husband and I have been suffering from scabies since early November. We got a couch from some family and within a few days of bringing it home noticed we were breaking out and itching bad. Neither of us have ever had them before or known anyone who had them. We finally broke down and went to the doc. They prescribed the cream for both of us but unfortunately couldn't afford it as we have no health insurance. I started searching the Web and tried everything possible and nothing worked.
Finally tonight I gave up and we tried the bleach and peroxide bath. I put 1 cup of bleach and 1/2 cup peroxide in a full tub of water as hot as I could stand it. As soon as I sat down I felt instant relief. The itching stopped immediately and I could feel my skin no longer feeling like I have things crawling all over me. I soaked for 20 min then got out and air dryed. I have also used the same amount in a spray bottle and sprayed all my furniture and bed.
Will continue to do this and hope they go away.
I contracted an itchy rash from the man I had been seeing for the last 6 months. He travels quite a bit for work and he became symptomatic before me and the doctor said it was contact dermatitis. But that doesn't spread to others. After I started itching, I realized the doctors were wrong. But then couldn't find anything until this website. The fact that people were so frank and not scared to say... this worked for me.
Tonight is my first attempt at the Bleach/Peroxide bath and this is the first I have not wanted to peel my skin off in days. After the bath I took a hot scrub shower, and then sprayed myself with a water/bleach mix(4/1) and dryed with a hair dryer. Then slathered in tea tree oil.
I hope that everyone tries this. INSTANTLY better. Now begins the battle of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!
But thank you to everyone who shared an alternative to doctors and pesticides.